Use the Thesis Statement Generator to write a thesis statement from the topic and claims.
To create a persuasive thesis or argumentative essay/thesis you’ll need a good claim and a sound supporting reason. You can use these as a template to write your own thesis statement.
You can learn more about thesis statements below.
What is a thesis statement?
Writing a thesis statement is an important part of writing a good research paper. Your thesis statement can be a sentence or a few sentences that summarize your perspective.
You need to pick out a single important point from each section of your text and to state that as your thesis.
Your thesis statement should not only provide your reader with information about the topic of your paper, but it should also act as a guide for your writing and help keep your argument focused.
Thesis: The American Dream is a myth. Argument: There is no such thing as the American Dream. The term is a propaganda tool used by the government to manipulate the public. The American Dream is a myth because it does not exist in reality.
How long should a thesis statement be?
A thesis is a summary of your ideas that summarizes your ideas into one or two sentences.
This is a topic that will introduce your paper’s topic and show what you think about the topic.
Persuasive/ Argumentative Thesis Statement
The persuasive thesis statement or argumentative essay/thesis statement is a statement where you make a claim and give reasons to support this claim (which may be supported with research).
How to write a persuasive thesis statement?
You can follow the following steps to write your best thesis statement.
1. Finalize the topic you are writing about.
Before writing a thesis statement you should be clear about the topic you are writing.
2. State the main idea about the topic
This will be the central theme of your thesis. The whole content of the thesis will revolve around the main idea you are writing about.
• A good statement will express one main point.
• identify the subject and make a precise claim about it.
• be more specific than the above-mentioned topic statement
· take a stand on an issue where people can disagree.
• express your viewpoint on the topic or your perspective about it.
3. State the most convincing reason or claim in support of your main idea or opinion.
4. Support your opinion/main concept with another solid argument.
5. If applicable, include an opposing viewpoint to your core idea or position.
Tips to write a good thesis statement
While writing a thesis statement make sure you put the following points in your mind.
- Try to start your thesis with the thesis statement. Dont bury the statement in the middle of the paragraph or to the end of your paper.
- Focus on a single idea about the topic. Writing about multiple ideas makes the thesis unfocused and weak.
- Dont use ambiguous/unclear phrases
- Try to be as precise and specific as possible.
- Show the main point of your paper in the statement, but avoid phrases like “The main point of my paper is…” or “The main idea of my paper is …”
- Avoid using technical terms and jargons unless you are writing a technical report. Use them only if you are confident that your readers will understand them.
- Do not use vague and abstract words.
With these tips, you can create a great thesis statement for your thesis.
Check out other articles about the thesis on our website here.
You can also take a look at some of the thesis statement examples which are written by the students for their thesis on our site.